[Poweredgec-tools] How to retrieve C6220 chassis service tag

Brian_Aust at DELL.com Brian_Aust at DELL.com
Wed Dec 10 10:41:54 CST 2014

Hi Kit,

You can find the chassis information, including service tag, via the dmidecode command, as follows:

dmidecode -s chassis-asset-tag
dmidecode -s chassis-serial-number
dmidecode -s chassis-manufacture
dmidecode -s chassis-type

dmidecode -s    by itself will reveal the list of available options for the "-s" parameter that will fetch specific server/chassis information via a single command.

Hope this helps, and regards,
Brian

Brian R. Aust
Rack Integration Engineering Lead