[Poweredgec-tools] Chassis level policy nod holding its setting

Michael_Stumpf at Dell.com Michael_Stumpf at Dell.com
Tue Oct 16 22:14:17 CDT 2012

Wojciech,

I'm having trouble figuring out which settings you're referring to / expecting to stick.

"power_off" sounds more like the "restore on AC power loss" setting; not the throttling settings.  What are you trying to accomplish?

(BTW, setupbios is our BIOS config tool-not sure if that's what you used)

Michael Stumpf
System Management & Tools
Dell | PowerEdge C

From: poweredgec-tools-bounces On Behalf Of Wojciech Turek
Sent: Sunday, October 14, 2012 7:05 AM
To: poweredgec-tools
Subject: [Poweredgec-tools] Chassis level policy nod holding its setting

Hi,

My BIOS version is 1.0.28 and I am trying to set the power management setting chassis_level_policy to power_off. I use biosupdate utility to do that and the setting seem to be set after first reboot but its back to throttling after another reboot. Any idea how to make power_off setting persistent across reboots?

--
Wojciech Turek

Senior System Architect

High Performance Computing Service