[Poweredgec-tools] Weird output from C6100 sensors

Michael_Stumpf at Dell.com Michael_Stumpf at Dell.com
Wed Oct 10 09:48:28 CDT 2012

There seems to be some amount of processing done, so it is hard for me to see what might be going on because this isn’t raw output from ipmitool.

I suggest you take a step back and look at the data that is fed in to produce this output; it might show us more clearly what is going wrong.

Michael Stumpf
System Management & Tools
Dell | PowerEdge C

From: poweredgec-tools-bounces On Behalf Of Andrew Cooper
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 9:30 AM
To: poweredgec-tools
Subject: [Poweredgec-tools] Weird output from C6100 sensors

We are monitoring ipmi sensors tables on our C6100 nodes.  We are seeing sporadic "corrupted" output from the ipmi sensors table call using ipmitool.  Has anyone seen this, and is there a fix in a newer BMC firmware version?

Current firmware versions:

BIOS : 1.65
BMC  : 1.25
FCB  : 1.18

Example output:

FCB FAN1 4200 RPM
ok
FCB FAN2 4300 RPM
ok
FCB FAN3 4200 RPM
ok
FCB FAN4 4300 RPM
ok
PEF Action 0x00
ok
WatchDog2 0x00
ok
AC Pwr On 0x00
ok
ACPI Pwr State 0x00
ok
FCB Ambient1 17 degrees C
ok
FCB Ambient2 0 degrees C
ok
CPU1Status 0x00
ok
CPU2Status 0x00
ok
PS 12V 12.09 Volts
ok
PS 5V 5.02 Volts
ok
MLB TEMP 2 65 degrees C
ok
MLB TEMP 3 55 degrees C
ok
Processor 1 Temp  42 degrees C ok
MLB TEMP 1 63 degrees C
ok
Processor 2 Temp  47 degrees C ok
STBY 3.3V 3.35 Volts
ok
PS Current 13 Amps
ok
SEL Fullness 0x00
ok
PCI BUS 0x00
ok
Memory 0x00
ok
VCORE 1 1.03 Volts
ok
VCORE 2 1.07 Volts
ok
NM Capability Not Readable
ns
#h
Not Readable ns
%„
Not Readable ns
%l
Not Readable ns
%T
Not Readable ns
%<
Not Readable ns
%$
Not Readable ns
%
Not Readable ns
%ô
Not Readable ns
%Ü
Not Readable ns
%Ä
Not Readable ns
%¬
Not Readable ns
%”
Not Readable ns
%|
Not Readable ns
0
Not Readable ns
%L
Not Readable ns
%4
Not Readable ns
%

Not Readable ns
%
Not Readable ns
%ì
Not Readable ns
%Ô
Not Readable ns
%¼
Not Readable ns
%¤
Not Readable ns
%Œ
Not Readable ns
%t
Not Readable ns
%\
Not Readable ns
0
Not Readable ns
%,
Not Readable ns
%
Not Readable ns
%ü
Not Readable ns
%ä
Not Readable ns
%Ì
Not Readable ns
%´
Not Readable ns
%œ
Not Readable ns
%„
Not Readable ns
%l
Not Readable ns
%T
Not Readable ns
%<
Not Readable ns
%$
Not Readable ns
%
Not Readable ns
%ô
Not Readable ns
%Ü
Not Readable ns
%Ä
Not Readable ns
PEF Action Not Readable
ns
Not Readable ns
ACPI Pwr Not Readable
ns
¦ð,ÿÿ
396 underrun *  nr
%Ì
Not Readable ns
PEF Action Not Readable
ns
 Not Readable
ns
FCB FAN1 4200 RPM
ok
FCB FAN2 4300 RPM
ok
FCB FAN3 4200 RPM
ok
FCB FAN4 4300 RPM
ok
PEF Action 0x00
ok
Andrew Cooper
National Information Solutions Cooperative®
3201 Nygren Drive NW
Mandan, ND 58554
• e-mail: andrew.cooper at nisc.coop<mailto:andrew.cooper at nisc.coop>
• phone: 866.999.6472 ext 6824