NVIDIA driver / Dell Precision 7500 - Quadro 5000 / RHEL5

vincent at cojot.name vincent at cojot.name
Fri Jun 10 08:24:28 CDT 2011

Hi Christian,

After several attempts to use the binary kmdl rpms from various sites,
(the latest being the atrpms ones, which -almost- survived a kernel
update).

I've reverted to using rpms based upon the original dell dkms rpms.
I'm currently running dkms-nvidia-270.41.19-7.el5.x86_64 based on Dell's
dell-nvidia dkms rpm and I was running 256.53 before that. In case that's
useful, you may find my rpms there:
http://vscojot.free.fr/dist/dkms

I'm currently uploading dkms-nvidia-270.41.19-7.el5.src.rpm and
dkms-nvidia-270.41.19-7.el5.x86_64.rpm.

I'm using these on several workstations (not all Dell-made).
Note that I have to do a little cleanup before a RHEL kernel upgrade if I
want the system to boot up with GLX enabled (otherwise a simple rpm -e
dkms-nvidia && rpm -ivh dkms-nvidia will do the trick).

I hope this helps,

Vincent