SSD and Dell Precision systems

Bertram Moshier bertram at bmoshier.net
Sun Jun 22 18:15:39 CDT 2008

Hello,

I have a Dell Precision 390 with 8 GB RAM running RHEL WS 4 UP 6 (it also
dual boots to Windows XP Pro x64).

I have an application that is I/O intensive and presently is taking up 10 GB
of RAM.  I'm considering getting a SATA SSD (solid state drive) for this
application.

When I look on the Dell site, I'm only seeing SSD for laptops.

Can anyone recommend, discuss, etc about buying, their experience, etc with
solid state disk drives for Dell Precision systems, Linux, and/or Windows?

Cheers!

Bert Moshier

This E-Mail is a private communications between me and those to whom I'm
communicating and is legally equally to a letter or phone call.