Dual-head on Precision 490 running RHEL4

Lars_Olsson at Dell.com Lars_Olsson at Dell.com
Wed Jul 25 07:02:58 CDT 2007

Actually I've been testing nvidia-xconfig and nvidia-settings on this
system but I didnt find any options for dual-head in the GUI.

Running nvidia-xconfig --twinview does configure my setup for dual-head.
When running nvidia-settings the GUI shows up
but I didnt have all the options..

I found a printscreen (
http://gallery.popey.com/gallery/screenshots/Screenshot_NVIDIA_X_Server_
Settings_1 )
X Server Information and X Display Configuration didnt show up on my
screen.

Updating to the v.100.14.11 of the nvidia drivers solved that issue.

Also found some people indicating that the dual-head tab in RHEL4 doesnt
do any good with just one gfx card..