additional SATA hard drive?

Cameron Mura cmura at ucsd.edu
Sun Mar 19 20:02:08 CST 2006

Hello,

I'm wondering about adding a 3rd SATA hard drive to a Dell Precision
670n Linux workstation... I see that there are only 2 SATA power cable
sockets on the motherboard, so I'm wondering if this is even possible
(can a splitter/adaptor be applied to one of the power cables, like w/
the power cable to older IDE drives, or is this a bad idea?) ?

Thanks for any advice,
Cameron

PS. I realize this may be more of a hw rather than linux question, so
please feel free to direct me to a more appropriate mailing list (or any
other online info!) if this is too far off-topic...