Hi...

Rafiq_Maniar@Dell.com Rafiq_Maniar@Dell.com
Fri Jan 14 04:48:01 2005

Hi,

The problem you're experiencing is more than likely the same one as on
the GX270.

The BIOS update is available here:
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/type.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dh
s&SystemID=DIM_P4_4600&category=1&os=BIOSA&osl=en&deviceid=308&devlib=1

If that doesn't work, then a workaround for the issue is here:
http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/linux/fc1_intel_video_fix.htm

Thanks,
Rafiq

-----Original Message-----
From: Natalia [mailto:natalia.luisa@zerbini.org.br]
Sent: 14 January 2005 09:46
To: linux-precision-Lists
Subject: Hi...

Hi... I'm having trouble installing Linux Red Hat 9 in a dell dimension
4600.

I installed everything... it works fine... Only the display that is
fixed in 800X600... I've tried to change the Integrated Devices
(LegacySelect Options) / Onboard Video Buffer setting from 1 MB to 8 MB
but it didn't work.
I had the same kind of problem with Dell Optiplex GX270, but upgrading
the BIOS, it worked fine.

I'm trying to find the BIOS upgrade for this dimension, but I
couldn't... can anyone help me?

Thanks