Precision 360n sound controller

John_Hull@Dell.com John_Hull@Dell.com
Thu Jan 15 17:07:00 2004

The best way I have found to detect the system type is with the dmidecode
utility, which dwill o a dump of a bunch of info from the BIOS to the
screen. You can then search that ouput for "Precision WorkStation 360".

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael J. Carter [mailto:mcarter@lanl.gov]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 4:45 PM
To: linux-precision@exchange.dell.com
Cc: Hull, John
Subject: Precision 360n sound controller

So is there any way to detect the 'miswired' sound controller on the 360n or
detect any other hardware characteristic that would identify a machine as a
360n?

I'd like to have cfengine install the dell-alsa rpm on our machines that
require it.

mjc

--
Michael J. Carter              | Utility is when you have one telephone,
IT Team Leader                 | luxury is when you have two, opulence is