[POLL] Default runlevel for factory-installed Red Hat Linux

Matt_Domsch@Dell.com Matt_Domsch@Dell.com
Wed Sep 11 17:26:00 2002

This is an informal poll.  Your voice counts, but the results of the poll
are non-binding. :-)

As many are aware, Red Hat has had their next OS release in public beta for
several weeks now.  As usual Dell is participating closely with them in this
process, and will factory install that release as soon after it's out as
possible - as we have for the last 7 Red Hat releases, and which I expect we
will for a long time to come.

In our factory install process, we default the systems to runlevel 3
(text-mode login, not GUI).  We've done this for all releases up until now.
Show of hands:

1) Would you prefer your factory-installed PowerEdge servers to arrive
starting in runlevel 3 (text mode), or 5 (GUI).

2) Would you prefer your factory-installed Precision workstations to arrive
starting in runlevel 3 (text mode), or 5 (GUI).

Results will be tabulated by our official accounting firm of Dewey, Cheatam,
and Howe.  No ballot box stuffing, no hanging chads please.  Poll closes
when we say they do and not a moment before (but we'll give you at least a
day).

Thanks,
Matt

--