[Linux-PowerEdge] Mellanox ConnectX-4 Ethernet in DSU

Kilian Cavalotti kilian.cavalotti.work at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 09:58:02 CST 2017

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 5:41 AM, Jesper Lykkegaard Karlsen
<jelka at mbg.au.dk> wrote:
> I guess, since I bought it as a boxed solution, that Dell would support this
> network card in DSU. But not so far.

Aah you wish, but DSU apparently has quite some trouble correctly
supporting upgrades of Dell's own firmwares already, so...

> The firmware apparently has a Dell tag on them, which means that I can't
> even flash a stock Mellanox firmware on them with mstflint.

Technically, you can. But it's obviously not a supported solution.

Other than that, Mellanox provides many management tools (esp. MFT:
https://www.mellanox.com/page/management_tools), that allow burning
firmware images onto HCAs and even automatically download new images
for your adapter. The tool is called mlxfwmanager. Of course, it won't
automatically find OEM "customized" firmwares, but you'll find the
Dell ones here:
https://www.mellanox.com/page/firmware_table_dell?mtag=oem_firmware_download

Cheers,
--