[Linux-PowerEdge] Mellanox ConnectX-4 Ethernet in DSU

Jesper Lykkegaard Karlsen jelka at mbg.au.dk
Tue Nov 28 07:41:36 CST 2017

Good discussions came out of this thread, but no answers to my question ;-)

Last year I bought a bunch of R630, R730xd and some C4130. They were all
configured with Mellanox ConnectX-4 from Dell and I have installed
CentOS 7 on them.

I guess, since I bought it as a boxed solution, that Dell would support
this network card in DSU. But not so far.

The firmware apparently has a Dell tag on them, which means that I can't
even flash a stock Mellanox firmware on them with mstflint.

I have seen there are a few Dell guys listening to this mail list,
perhaps they have a comment?

Cheers,

Jesper

Jesper Lykkegaard Karlsen
Scientific Computing
Centre for Structural Biology
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics
Aarhus University
Gustav Wieds Vej 10C
8000 Aarhus C

E-mail: jelka at mbg.au.dk