[Linux-PowerEdge] Mellanox ConnectX-4 Ethernet in DSU

David Newall linux-poweredge at davidnewall.com
Mon Nov 27 07:13:38 CST 2017

On 27/11/17 23:18, Jesper Lykkegaard Karlsen wrote:
> The firmware on the cards are rather old and could need an update

Perhaps, if it's not broken, don't fix it.  I get the impression that a
lot of people are spending a lot of time regularly upgrading the
firmware of their machines for no reason other than that a newer version
is available.  This, perhaps, is asking for trouble.

I'm sure this is not the advice you were hoping for, probably not even
advice that is welcome, but I think it's wise.