[Linux-PowerEdge] Automated setup config

Jose_Delarosa at Dell.com Jose_Delarosa at Dell.com
Wed Nov 15 15:39:43 CST 2017

Dan,

To navigate the Redfish APIs, I recommend using a REST client like Postman (there is Chrome extension for it). Most APIs require that you be authenticated, and Postman provides an easy way to specify your iDRAC user credentials.

https://www.getpostman.com/postman

Jose DelaRosa
Linux Engineering
Dell EMC| Infrastructure Solutions Group

From: Dan Yasny [mailto:dyasny at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 3:32 PM
To: Delarosa, Jose <Jose_Delarosa at Dell.com>
Cc: linux-poweredge-Lists <linux-poweredge at lists.us.dell.com>
Subject: Re: [Linux-PowerEdge] Automated setup config

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 4:24 PM, <Jose.Delarosa at dell.com<mailto:Jose.Delarosa at dell.com>> wrote:
Dan,

I’m not sure if these are the latest and greatest, but pretty close.

13G: http://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/idrac7-8-lifecycle-controller-v2.40.40.40_API%20Guide_en-us.pdf
14G: http://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/iDRAC9-lifecycle-controller-v3.00.00.00_API%20Guide_en-us.pdf

Thanks Jose, I really appreciate the prompt and detailed response.

One last question: you mentioned 12G, and since most of my hardware is R320/R620, I tried to go to http://DRAC/redfish/v1 but only got a 404

Is that to be expected, or do I need to enable redfish in the iDRAC first, somehow?

PS my experience with redfish so far has been only with the sushy library emulator, which actually works quite well.

And yes you can talk to iDRAC using REST (RESTful APIs, that is).