[Linux-PowerEdge] Linux-PowerEdge Digest, Vol 162, Issue 11

Brent Kimberley Brent.Kimberley at Durham.ca
Wed Nov 15 12:41:58 CST 2017

What about ssh / expect ?

Configuring BIOS and NIC Using RACADM. page 5. Step 4.c.
http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/extras/m/white_papers/20436999/download

From: "James A. Peltier" < >
To: Dan Yasny < >
Cc: Linux-PowerEdge <linux-poweredge at lists.us.dell.com>
Subject: Re: [Linux-PowerEdge] Automated setup config

----- On 15 Nov, 2017, at 08:02, Dan Yasny <dyasny at gmail.com> wrote:

| Hi,
| I have a large amount of R320, R620 and R630's, all with iDRAC ENT
| installed. I need to do a bulk change in their setups, like switch all
| to BIOS boot or back to UEFI.

| Doing that host by host takes forever, but I couldn't find the way to
| automate such a change.

| Is there a way at all?

| Thanks,
| Dan

Dell OpenManage?

--
James A. Peltier
Manager - Research Computing Group | IT Services Simon Fraser University | ASB10973

Message: 2
I have a large amount of R320, R620 and R630's, all with iDRAC ENT installed. I need to do a bulk change in their setups, like switch all to BIOS boot or back to UEFI.

Doing that host by host takes forever, but I couldn't find the way to automate such a change.

Is there a way at all?

Thanks,
Dan

Dell OpenManage?

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR THE USE OF THE INTENDED RECIPIENT(S) ONLY AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, PROPRIETARY, CONFIDENTIAL, AND/OR EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER ANY RELEVANT PRIVACY LEGISLATION. No rights to any privilege have been waived. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying, conversion to hard copy, taking of action in reliance on or other use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please notify me by return e-mail and delete or destroy all copies of this message.