[Linux-PowerEdge] 2 predicted failure disks and RAID5

Grzegorz Bakalarski bakalarski.g at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 12:52:45 CST 2017

Thanks for valuable input.
Regarding punctured block:  from fwtermlog I got several (not much) lines
of type:

11/13/17  3:24:45: EVT#08603-11/13/17  3:24:45:  97=Puncturing bad block on
PD 02(e0x20/s2) at 9ecd
T35:     maintainPdFailHistory=0 disablePuncturing=0
zeroBasedEnclEnumeration=1 disableBootCLI=1

All the same PD, the same bad block (different time)

Is my raid useless?

BTW: why do think raid level migration to raid-6 with 2 additional disk
would be better than with one disk. I would keep VD size the same.

Anyway will migration too raid-6 fail with this  "awful Puncturing)???

Anyway x 2: would such command work generally (assuming my VD0 (or aArray0
or L0)  is raid5:

megacli –LDRecon -CfgSpanAdd -r6 -Array0[32:0,32:1,32:2,32:3,32,4] -a0

(I try to figure out how to make LDRecon i.e. raid level migration with
additional disk)

GB