[Linux-PowerEdge] DSU on CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708

Cashmore, Lee (CHKS) lcashmore at chks.co.uk
Tue Nov 14 10:54:50 CST 2017

Hi I have been trying to use DSU to update the hardware on my R710  but it fails at the inventory collection stage.

After digging into the errors it seems the problem is the inventory collector:

# /usr/libexec/dell_dup/invcol_N5JVK_LN64_17_09_000_1266_A00
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<SVMInventory lang="en" schemaVersion="1.0" invcolVersion="17.09.000 (BLD_1266)" invcolBuild="1266" timeStamp="2017-11-14T16:26:25">
        <OperatingSystem osCode="LIN" osVendor="Redhat" osArch="x64" majorVersion="package redhat-release-server is not installed" minorVersion="3.10.0-693.5.2.el7.x86_64"/>
        <System systemID="0235"/><Device componentID="2331" display="OpenManage Server Administrator">
<Application componentType="APP" version="8.5.0" display="OpenManage Server Administrator"/>

I'm guessing that the error above about the redhat-release-server package not being installed is the issue, this package is not available on CentOS.

Any suggestions of a workaround would be fantastic as I would like to get these servers updated and have several to do.

Kind Regards

Lee

Lee Cashmore

This email and any attachment to it are confidential.  Unless you are the intended recipient, you may not use, copy or disclose either the message or any information contained in the message. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this email and notify the sender immediately.

Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the sender only, unless otherwise stated.  All copyright in any Capita material in this email is reserved.

All emails, incoming and outgoing, may be recorded by Capita and monitored for legitimate business purposes.

Capita exclude all liability for any loss or damage arising or resulting from the receipt, use or transmission of this email to the fullest extent permitted by law.