[Linux-PowerEdge] dell-system-update yum install causes libraries to change

Charles_Rose at Dell.com Charles_Rose at Dell.com
Thu Feb 16 15:10:38 CST 2017

On 02/16/17 14:32, scott.j.kingston at verizon.com wrote:
> On Dell PowerEdge R730XD servers running CentOS 7.2 when the new version
> of dell-system-update (Ver 1.3.1) was installed, using yum, a library
> symbolic link for openblas got changed and caused issues on an
> application running on our servers.
>

> The link that specifically got changed is located in /usr/lib64 and
> appears as
>
> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root   33 Jan 13 20:24 libblas.so.3 ->
> /usr/lib64/libopenblas-r0.2.18.so

Scott

Can you run this and share its output?
   readelf -d /usr/lib64/libopenblas-r0.2.18.so |grep SONAME

> After DSU is installed using yum, the link is changed to: lrwxrwxrwx   1
> root root   16 Feb 14 21:34 libblas.so.3 -> libblas.so.3.4.2

Can you run this and share its output?
   readelf -d /usr/lib64/libblas.so.3.4.2 |grep SONAME