[Linux-PowerEdge] Unqualified SFP+ adapter detected

Michael Watters wattersm at watters.ws
Wed Feb 15 15:51:54 CST 2017

Hello,

I am setting up a Poweredge R720 server with a Broadcom BCM57810 10 Gbit
NIC however the SFP adapters that we have appear to be incompatible.

> Warning: Unqualified SFP+ module detected, Port 0 from CISCO-TYCO part
number 1-20553783-1

Is there an updated version of the bnx2x driver available for CentOS
7.3?  Would it be possible to update the kernel module to work with
different SFP adapters?  I am willing to patch the kernel source if needed.