[Linux-PowerEdge] PERC H200: I/O error with Linux kernel >= 4.4?

Marco Bozzolan mailbox at s19n.net
Thu Oct 20 10:00:10 CDT 2016

Hello,

 has anybody ever managed to use a PERC H200 with a kernel version
greater than or equal to 4.4?

The system boots up, but I am seeing I/O errors under heavy load on a
C5220 and Ubuntu 16.04; dmesg reports "fault_state(0x265d)", and after
what seems a controller reset, the disk device (sda) disappears and the
filesystem is remounted read-only.

 With earlier versions of the kernel, also on Ubuntu 16.04, the dmesg
error appears but does not lead to a read-only filesystem.

Best regards,

--
https://s19n.net