[Linux-PowerEdge] unable to get the system generation when trying to update the BIOS to 6.4 on M610

Santosh_Gore at Dell.com Santosh_Gore at Dell.com
Mon Nov 7 22:49:53 CST 2016

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential

Hi

Please share update log files from  “/var/log/dell/updatepackage/log/” and “/var/log/dell/updatepackage/log/support” directories to analyze the issue.

Thanks
Santosh

From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Lorenzen, Larry
Sent: Tuesday, November 1, 2016 1:44 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists <linux-poweredge at lists.us.dell.com>
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] unable to get the system generation when trying to update the BIOS to 6.4 on M610

I am running Redhat Linux Enterprise 7.2  I am trying to update the BIOS from 2.1.9 to 6.4.  I have done this on other M610's blade servers with no problem.

I installed dsu-update on the server run dsu to update all firmware.  everything updated except the BIOS.

I tried to install via the bin file and also the M610 iso each had no luck.

I read a couple of posts,  one stating to change version of the redhat-release file to trick it. The other was to do a rack reset (which I did), also did a drain of the server (powered off server pulled it out of the chassis, held the power button for 30 or more seconds)

Still nothing works.

Any one else have this problem?

Larry Lorenzen
Linux System Administrator