[Linux-PowerEdge] Bootable media ISO updater too large for vFlash

Soorej_Ponnandi at Dell.com Soorej_Ponnandi at Dell.com
Thu Nov 3 23:44:16 CDT 2016

Hi Sven,

	Have a look at DSU (Dell System Updates) utility which can provide bootable ISOs and perform automated firmware updates.

	Latest DSU repository link: http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/dsu/

	Copying relevant portions from DSU documentation:

							Package the updates into a bootable ISO or a directory

							dsu --destination-type=<TYPE>

									TYPE can be : <ISO | CBD>
									When the type is --destination-type=ISO :
									DSU runs in the interactive mode and the selected updates are delivered as a bootable ISO. Upon boot the components are updated.
									When ISO if used along with --non-interactive :
									A bootable ISO is created. Upon boot it runs DSU in noninteractive mode. The repository location should be configured using --config=<FILE>

Soorej Ponnandi
Dell | Change Management