[Linux-PowerEdge] Dell onboard Intel X520 not listed in PXE boot list on R730

Hanby, Mike mhanby at uab.edu
Tue Dec 20 00:30:20 CST 2016

Thanks Max and George, looks like this is what I need:
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/software/manageability-products/000005790.html

Mike

From: George Machitidze <giomac at gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 01:27
To: Max Vernimmen <m.vernimmen at comparegroup.eu>
Cc: Mike Hanby <mhanby at uab.edu>, "'linux-poweredge at lists. dell. com'" <linux-poweredge at lists.us.dell.com>
Subject: Re: [Linux-PowerEdge] Dell onboard Intel X520 not listed in PXE boot list on R730

Hi

You must flash the card with PXE boot image from intel with intel tool, check on intel website.

George Machitidze
ICT Consultant

On Dec 20, 2016 10:26 AM, "Max Vernimmen" <m.vernimmen at comparegroup.eu<mailto:m.vernimmen at comparegroup.eu>> wrote:
Hi Mike,

It's been a few years since I set up the same card and I had the same problem you're having. If my memory serves my correctly there is a 'special' intel program that you can use to enable pxe for the card. It's from intel, not from dell. Unfortunately I don't remember where I found it or how to use it.
I hope that helps.

Best regards,

Max