[Linux-PowerEdge] Dell System Update or Dell Linux Repository which is better

Soorej_Ponnandi at Dell.com Soorej_Ponnandi at Dell.com
Thu Dec 15 04:55:17 CST 2016

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential

Hi Larry,

  Dell Linux Repository (DLR) is deprecated by the new Dell System Update (DSU). DSU has lot many features added and easy to use. The DSU update repository is refreshed every month.
  Link: http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/dsu/

The “/tmp/SECUPD”  mount issue is already fixed in inventory collector. This fixed IC will be carried in immediate releases of DSU repository.

Soorej Ponnandi
Dell | Change Management

From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Lorenzen, Larry
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2016 6:58 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists <linux-poweredge at lists.us.dell.com>
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] Dell System Update or Dell Linux Repository which is better

I had came across a blog from Dell that DSU is better than the Dell Linux Repository

I am running RHEL 7.2
During a trouble call with Dell concerning OMSA  I asked the Dell tech which was better the DSU or DLR, seeing that the DSU is creating a mount point in /tmp/SECUPD that causes annoying write errors on the console. I unmount that  particular mount point and delete the directory to get rid of the error.

That said the Dell tech said that the DLR is better than DSU and that the DSU has not been updated in some time?

Just want to clarify which is better.  I know each has there own pros and cons

Larry Lorenzen
Linux System Administrator
lllorenzen at cps.edu<mailto:lllorenzen at cps.edu>
Office (773)-553-3634