[Linux-PowerEdge] Dell System Update or Dell Linux Repository which is better

Ben bda20 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Dec 14 07:41:06 CST 2016

On Wed, 14 Dec 2016, Lorenzen, Larry wrote:

> [...]
> That said the Dell tech said that the DLR is better than DSU and that the
> DSU has not been updated in some time?
>
> Just want to clarify which is better.  I know each has there own pros and
> cons

I think the Dell tech had it backwards.  DLR hasn't been updated in some
time.  DSU is getting updates now.  I've just finished moving all of my
servers over from DLR to DSU.  I'm still annoyed at the lack of unmounting
of the /tmp/SECUPD thing, but otherwise I'm sold.

Ben
--
Unix Support, UIS, University of Cambridge, England