[Linux-PowerEdge] rsync mirror

Robert Jacobson teridon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 08:02:06 CST 2016

Disclaimer:  I have not tested the following method beyond verifying you can retrieve packages with reposync.  In other words, I do NOT know if the resulting repos will install OMSA correctly.   TEST before using in production!

Because of the directory structure, you'll need to create TWO repositories -- one for "os_independent", and one for your platform (find it under http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/os_dependent/).  The example below is for RHEL6_64.

Example reposync commands:

/usr/bin/reposync -l -n -d --config=dell-omsa.repo --repoid=dell-dependent --download_path=/var/www/html/testdell -a x86_64

/usr/bin/reposync -l -n -d --config= dell-omsa.repo --repoid=dell-independent --download_path=/var/www/html/testdell -a x86_64

Where dell-omsa.repo contains:

[dell-dependent]
name=dell-dependent
# Change this URL to match your platform
baseurl=http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/os_dependent/RHEL6_64/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0
priority=1