[Linux-PowerEdge] OMSA 8.3.0 and CentOS 7.2

Davide Ferrari davide at billymob.com
Tue Apr 26 05:27:12 CDT 2016

Thanks! It works!!

\--

Davide Ferrari

Senior Systems Engineer

On Apr 26 2016, at 12:21 pm, Souvik_Bose at Dell.com wrote:

> Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
Hi,

> If Customer installs OMSA 8.3 in an unsupported OS, it might fail because of
NVMe implementation. But, you can suppress loading NVMe library by using the
following steps to avoid any crash.

> Please do the following steps for disabling psrvil which is required for
detecting NVMe Devices:

> 1\. To stop all the services, please execute the command - srvadmin-
services.sh stop

> 2\. Go to /opt/dell/srvadmin/etc/srvadmin-storage/ directory

> 3\. Open stsvc.ini file

> 4\. Please comment the line - vil7=dsm_sm_psrvil. For commenting it out, you
need to write ";" and one space before the statement, like ";
vil7=dsm_sm_psrvil"

> 5\. Save and close stsvc.ini file

> 6\. To start all the services, please execute the command - srvadmin-
services.sh start

> It will stop loading psrvil library and OMSS should work fine.

> Note: After commenting out psrvil library in stsvc.ini file, NO NVMe devices
will get detected by OMSA

> Thanks
Souvik

Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2016 3:46 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists <linux-poweredge at lists.us.dell.com>
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] OMSA 8.3.0 and CentOS 7.2

> Hello

> I've a CentOS 7.2 on a PowerEdge R730xd and I cannot get OMSA 8.3 to work at
all.
I've installed it following the DSU instructions

> <http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/dsu/>

> and everything installed smoothly. I start OMSA with

> systemctl start dataeng

> but every omreport command I try, doesn't work, even a basic BIOS info

> # omreport chassis bios
BIOS Information

> Unable to get BIOS version information.

What am I doing wrong/missing?