[Linux-PowerEdge] linuxrdac for Scientific linux kernel 3.10? (Bruce Ferrell)

Spike_White at Dell.com Spike_White at Dell.com
Mon Apr 11 11:08:52 CDT 2016

Bruce,

Why don't you just blacklist /dev/sda and /dev/sdb in /etc/multipath.conf?  That's what I do.

Alternatively, if you prefer to not blacklist by disk name, you can blacklist by vendor and product.

Here's where I blacklist /dev/sda, /dev/sdb and any EMC or Compellent LUNs.

blacklist {

        devnode "^sd[ab]$"

        # AIK - reduce number of lookups on devices

        devnode "^emcpower*"

        device {

               vendor "EMC"

               product "*"

        }

        device {

               vendor "DGC"

               product "*"

        }

        # end AIK - reduce number of lookups on devices

}

For PERC LUNs, the vendor is "DELL" and the product varies, depending on PERC model. For example "PERC H710" or "PERC H730P".  But always seems to be "PERC*"

Spike

Message: 1