[Linux-PowerEdge] How do I use DLR to flash firmware in my RHEL5 servers?

Spike_White at Dell.com Spike_White at Dell.com
Wed Apr 6 10:31:05 CDT 2016

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
All,

How do I flash my RHEL5 servers using DLR?  I'm doing this to set up DLR:

wget -q -O - http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/bootstrap.cgi | bash

Which is correct according to the DLR page:
http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/

But when I check for yum updates, I get this error:
[root at penbldevdb03 yum.repos.d]# yum check-update
Loaded plugins: dellsysid, security
http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/platform_independent/rh50_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: dell-omsa-indep. Please verify its path and try again

Obviously, for my RHEL6 & 7 servers, I use DSU for firmware updates.  But as RHEL5 is unsupported for DSU, I have to use DLR for RHEL5.

So what's the correct syntax to set up?  I know the syntax to use DLR.

Spike