[Linux-PowerEdge] older IDRAC's

Blake Hudson blake at ispn.net
Mon Apr 4 14:00:18 CDT 2016

You don't mention which version of FireFox, OS, or Java you're using.
Most problems I've ran into are client side, and are usually ruled out
there.

To rule out a server issue, I would suggest resetting the iDRAC via ssh
and updating to the latest iDrac firmware (Dell's site shows this as 2.85).

On the client side, some of the older iDRACs don't work with current
versions of Java. I keep around a WinXP VM with java 1.6 and another VM
with java 1.7 just to access some of the older dracs. I believe the
iDrac 6 should work fine with XP + Java 1.7. If it matters, on a Win10
VM I have trouble viewing the iDrac 6 web interface in IE 10/Edge and
the console applet does not work with Java 8 (1.8), so the iDrac 6 is
basically unsupported on current client platforms. Hopefully Java will
die soon enough and these remote KVMs will be able to utilize HTML 5 or
a custom plugin that works with up to date browsers and operating systems.

--Blake