[Linux-PowerEdge] Simultaneous install of dell_ft_install and srvadmin-all impossible on fresh RHEL6 install

Jason Gress jgress at accertify.com
Thu May 28 13:10:54 CDT 2015


Rathish,

Thank you for looking into this for me.  However, the steps below do not 
work.  As you say, step 2 will fail.  And, the alternative steps, the 
yum remove commands, won't work because those packages are not installed 
yet.

Do you currently have a solution for new builds that allows the 
dell_ft_install tools and srvadmin-all to be installed simultaneously?  
If not, do you have an ETA on when this will be resolved?

Thanks,

Jason

On 05/27/2015 03:10 AM, Rathish_Das at DELL.com wrote:
>
> *Dell - Internal Use - Confidential *
>
> Hi Jason,
>
> Previously there was some solution posted in PowerEdge to upgrade 
> latest YUM repo(OMSA 8.1) given that YUM repo(OMSA 7.4) is already 
> installed in the system.
>
> As you have not installed old YUM in your system, hence can you please 
> follow the below instructions ( written on 
> http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/ ) to set up latest YUM 
> repo in newly OS installed system.
>
> 1) Command to point to latest repo --- ( wget -q -O - 
> http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/bootstrap.cgi | bash)
>
> 2)yum install dell_ft_install
>
> 3)yum install $(bootstrap_firmware)
>
> 4)yum install srvadmin-all
>
> Running command 2) will solve the below problem-
>
> /As a matter of fact, the dell_ft_install packages won't install at all; only srvadmin.///
>
> [*Note:* To ensure that there is no package/repo mess happened, it is 
> better to run the following 2 commands first before running the above 
> 4 commands
>
> 1)yum remove firmware-tools
>
> 2)yum remove srvadmin-hapi*
>
> ]
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rathish
>
> -------- Forwarded Message --------
>
> *Subject: *
>
> 	
>
> [Linux-PowerEdge] Simultaneous install of dell_ft_install and 
> srvadmin-all impossible on fresh RHEL6 install
>
> *Date: *
>
> 	
>
> Tue, 26 May 2015 14:08:19 -0500
>
> *From: *
>
> 	
>
> Jason Gress <jgress at accertify.com> <mailto:jgress at accertify.com>
>
> *To: *
>
> 	
>
> linux-poweredge at dell.com <mailto:linux-poweredge at dell.com>
>
> Like many here, I has run into the common package/repository issues with
> the Dell provided OMSA repository.  We are running a local spacewalk
> clone, but this also happens with the direct external repo (installed
> via the bootstrap script).
>   
> As you all have seen already, here is a small snipped of the result:
>   
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Package: dell_ie_backplane-1.0.0-4.135.2.el6.x86_64
> (dell-omsa-sl6-x86_64)
>              Requires: libdchbas.so.7()(64bit)
>              Available: srvadmin-hapi-7.4.0-4.28.2.el6.x86_64
> (dell-omsa-sl6-x86_64)
>                  libdchbas.so.7()(64bit)
>              Installing: srvadmin-hapi-8.1.0-4.10.2.el6.x86_64
> (dell-omsa-indep)
>                  Not found
> Error: Package: dell_ie_pcissd-1.0.0-4.130.3.el6.x86_64
> (dell-omsa-sl6-x86_64)
>              Requires: libdchapi.so.7()(64bit)
>              Available: srvadmin-hapi-7.4.0-4.28.2.el6.x86_64
> (dell-omsa-sl6-x86_64)
>                  libdchapi.so.7()(64bit)
>              Installing: srvadmin-hapi-8.1.0-4.10.2.el6.x86_64
> (dell-omsa-indep)
>                  Not found
>   
> Based on posts like this one:
>   
> http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/f/4469/t/19629946
>   
> there are workarounds for existing RHEL6 systems for the common
> repository issues when upgrading from OMSA 7.4 to 8.0/8.1.
>   
> All of the solutions that I have seen so far, or that ProSupport Plus
> was able to help me with, assume that you already have a full install of
> the existing OMSA 7.4 packages before you start.
>   
> I recently ran a from scratch build, from a kickstart, that builds a
> fresh RHEL 6.6 installation.  In this case, all of the proposed
> solutions fail, for one very important reason: there is no
> srvadmin-hapi-7.4.0 package to rely on while the rest are upgraded. The
> current repository does not have that (or other dependent packages) to
> allow us to install both the srvadmin-all and the dell_ft_install
> packages on the same server.  As a matter of fact, the dell_ft_install
> packages won't install at all; only srvadmin.
>   
> Thank you all for your help.  I have made a case with ProSupport Plus
> about this issue.  Case No. 911641363.
>   
> Jason Gress
> Sr. Linux Systems Administrator
> Accertify Inc., and American Express Company
>   
> _______________________________________________
> Linux-PowerEdge mailing list
> Linux-PowerEdge at dell.com  <mailto:Linux-PowerEdge at dell.com>
> https://lists.us.dell.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-poweredge
>

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/attachments/20150528/0ec82c8f/attachment.html 


More information about the Linux-PowerEdge mailing list