[Linux-PowerEdge] R815 + H700 and omreport shows: "No controllers found."

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 27 12:16:33 CDT 2015

hi everybody

would I be first one who comes across this weird omsa behaviour?
I see:

05:00.0 RAID bus controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic
MegaRAID SAS 2108 [Liberator] (rev 05)
         Subsystem: Dell PERC H700 Integrated
         Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV-
VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
         Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
         Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 44
         Region 0: I/O ports at fc00 [size=256]
..
..

but !!
# omreport storage controller
No controllers found

a bit of the env:
------------------
Software Profile
------------------
Systems Management
Name                       : Dell OpenManage Server
Administrator
Version                    : 8.1.0
Description                : Systems Management Software
Contains                   : Data Engine 8.1.0
                            : Hardware Abstraction
Programming Interface 8.1.0
                            : Instrumentation Services 8.1.0
                            : NVMe Library 8.1.0
                            : RealSSD package for storage
management 8.1.0
                            : Server Administrator CLI 8.1.0
                            : Server Administrator Common
Framework 8.1.0
                            : Server Administrator Common
Services 8.1.0
                            : Server Administrator Core 8.1.0
                            : Server Administrator XML
Support SDK 8.1.0
                            : Storage Management CLI
component 5.0.1
                            : Storage Management accessors
package 5.0.1
                            : Storage Management common
files for GUI and CLI 5.0.1
                            : StoreLib package for storage
management 8.1.0
                            : System Utilities
Package/Libsysfs for LSI storage libraries 2.1.0

what could be wrong?
thanks