[Linux-PowerEdge] Simultaneous install of dell_ft_install and srvadmin-all impossible on fresh RHEL6 install

Rathish_Das at DELL.com Rathish_Das at DELL.com
Wed May 27 03:10:33 CDT 2015

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
Hi Jason,
Previously there was some solution posted in PowerEdge to upgrade latest YUM repo(OMSA 8.1) given that YUM repo(OMSA 7.4) is already installed in the system.
As you have not installed old YUM in your system, hence can you please follow the below instructions ( written on http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/ ) to set up latest YUM repo in newly OS installed system.

1)       Command to point to latest repo --- ( wget -q -O - http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/bootstrap.cgi | bash)

2)      yum install dell_ft_install

3)      yum install $(bootstrap_firmware)

4)      yum install srvadmin-all

Running command 2) will solve the below problem-

As a matter of fact, the dell_ft_install packages won't install at all; only srvadmin.

[Note: To ensure that there is no package/repo mess happened, it is better to run the following 2 commands first before running the above 4 commands

1)      yum remove firmware-tools

2)      yum remove srvadmin-hapi*
]

Thanks,