[Linux-PowerEdge] Simultaneous install of dell_ft_install and srvadmin-all impossible on fresh RHEL6 install

Jason Gress jgress at accertify.com
Tue May 26 14:08:19 CDT 2015

Like many here, I has run into the common package/repository issues with
the Dell provided OMSA repository.  We are running a local spacewalk
clone, but this also happens with the direct external repo (installed
via the bootstrap script).

As you all have seen already, here is a small snipped of the result:

--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: dell_ie_backplane-1.0.0-4.135.2.el6.x86_64
(dell-omsa-sl6-x86_64)
            Requires: libdchbas.so.7()(64bit)
            Available: srvadmin-hapi-7.4.0-4.28.2.el6.x86_64
(dell-omsa-sl6-x86_64)
                libdchbas.so.7()(64bit)
            Installing: srvadmin-hapi-8.1.0-4.10.2.el6.x86_64
(dell-omsa-indep)
                Not found
Error: Package: dell_ie_pcissd-1.0.0-4.130.3.el6.x86_64
(dell-omsa-sl6-x86_64)
            Requires: libdchapi.so.7()(64bit)
            Available: srvadmin-hapi-7.4.0-4.28.2.el6.x86_64
(dell-omsa-sl6-x86_64)
                libdchapi.so.7()(64bit)
            Installing: srvadmin-hapi-8.1.0-4.10.2.el6.x86_64
(dell-omsa-indep)
                Not found

Based on posts like this one:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/f/4469/t/19629946

there are workarounds for existing RHEL6 systems for the common
repository issues when upgrading from OMSA 7.4 to 8.0/8.1.

All of the solutions that I have seen so far, or that ProSupport Plus
was able to help me with, assume that you already have a full install of
the existing OMSA 7.4 packages before you start.

I recently ran a from scratch build, from a kickstart, that builds a
fresh RHEL 6.6 installation.  In this case, all of the proposed
solutions fail, for one very important reason: there is no
srvadmin-hapi-7.4.0 package to rely on while the rest are upgraded. The
current repository does not have that (or other dependent packages) to
allow us to install both the srvadmin-all and the dell_ft_install
packages on the same server.  As a matter of fact, the dell_ft_install
packages won't install at all; only srvadmin.

Thank you all for your help.  I have made a case with ProSupport Plus
about this issue.  Case No. 911641363.

Jason Gress
Sr. Linux Systems Administrator
Accertify Inc., and American Express Company