[Linux-PowerEdge] Remotely enable IPMI-over-LAN on BMC

Srinivas_G_Gowda at Dell.com Srinivas_G_Gowda at Dell.com
Mon Aug 31 02:36:07 CDT 2015

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
Hi,
You can try racadm utility(cfgIpmiLanEnable)  to do just that. I guess it should work even with basic BMC. (I may be wrong)

Thanks,

From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Luca Lesinigo
Sent: Monday, August 31, 2015 12:53 PM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] Remotely enable IPMI-over-LAN on BMC

Dear list, I have a couple of (remote) Poweredge R320 servers with the basic BMC.

They're running Ubuntu Server LTS 14.04, the BMC has a correct network configuration (I can ping/browse it) but 'IPMI over LAN' has /not/ been enabled. I can use 'ipmitool' just fine on the system itself but not via IP.

Is there any way to enable IPMI over LAN remotely, without sending someone to the servers and turn them off and enter settings during bootstrap?

thanks,
--
Luca Lesinigo
LM Networks Srl