[Linux-PowerEdge] DSU website instructions

Kalyan_Moharla at DELL.com Kalyan_Moharla at DELL.com
Fri Aug 28 05:27:17 CDT 2015

Dell Customer Communication
Ok. Let us look into this in more detail and come back.
I was mentioning more on YUM vs DSU thing, did not realize you were talking about the bootstrap.cgi file.

Thanks,
Kalyan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Berg (Contractor) [mailto:stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil]
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2015 3:34 PM
To: Moharla, Kalyan; linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: [Linux-PowerEdge] DSU website instructions

Ok,I think you're wrong so let me explain what I'm seeing.
Compare these two pages to each other.

http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/DSU_15.07.00/
http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/DSU_15.08.00/

For the July release in the right column "Setting up repository"
instructions the first command is:
1) wget -q -O - http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/dsu/bootstrap.cgi| bash

For the August release, same column shows a different command:
1) wget -q -O - http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/latest/bootstrap.cgi
| bash

For both releases the left column shows the link to the bootstrap.cgi in the "/latest/" part of the directory structure.

The August version has an identical link for setting the older DLR and for the newer DSU. How can the same "/hardware/latest/bootstrap.cgi"
command be used to set up both versions? I've compared the cgi files from the "latest" against the "dsu" versions of the URL and they aren't the same.

If you run the "latest" version you'll get dell-omsa-indep and dell-omsa-specific repos. Running the "dsu" version you get dsu_repository_independent and dsu_repository_dependent repo's

The "/hardware/dsu/

Stephen Berg
Systems Administrator
NRL Code: 7320