[Linux-PowerEdge] Mirroring DSU

David Eckelkamp deckelkamp at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 11:47:51 CDT 2015

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 9:51 AM, Stephen Berg (Contractor) <
stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil> wrote:

> Anyone have a step by step for mirroring DSU locally?
>
> I've got the rsync working.  But there's quite a few references in the
> bootstrap scripts for server name and url with little instructions on
> how to modify them to point to a local mirror.
>
> You don't have to modify the bootstrap scripts. Here are the basic steps
that I've used successfully for the DSU repo as well as the DLR repos.

- rsync the directory from Dell (call it /DSU-dir)
- Add /DSU-dir to a web server config so it is served up via HTTP (call
host dell-repos)
- enable cgi execution for .cgi files (maybe even .pl files)

Then reference the script as http://dell-repos/DSU-dir/bootstrap.cgi.  If
you execute the command

   wget -O /tmp/bootstrap.sh http://dell-repos/DSU-dir/bootstrap.cgi

you can examine the bootstrap.sh file and see there are no references to
Dell servers. Instead, it references the source from which it was taken.
That cleverness is actually what the bootstrap.cgi script is really doing -
modifying the dell-supplied bootstrap.sh file so it references the location
from which it was pulled, not the original Dell site.

After getting this setup, the DSU setup command changes from:

     *wget -q -O - http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/dsu/bootstrap.cgi
<http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/dsu/bootstrap.cgi> | bash*
*to *
    *wget -q -O - http://dell-repos/DSU-dir/bootstrap.cgi
<http://dell-repos/DSU-dir/bootstrap.cgi> | bash*

You should then have yum repo files that point to your mirrored site.

Hope this helps,
DavidE