[Linux-PowerEdge] Question about fan speed settings on PowerEdge R720xd

Becky Ligon ligon at clemson.edu
Sat Aug 15 11:34:40 CDT 2015

Thanks, David!  Version 7 was not installed on my machines.  Now, I can
"racadm" successfully!

I am still pretty certain, though, that idrac7 doesn't support dynamically
changing the thermal/fan speeds.  I haven't checked the idrac7 manual but I
DID see in the idrac8 manual where these items could be changed.

1.  Can the idrac version be updated without bringing down the machine?

2.  Is there a way to see the thermal/fan settings without rebooting the
machine?

Becky

--
Becky Ligon