[Linux-PowerEdge] Question about fan speed settings on PowerEdge R720xd

Becky Ligon ligon at clemson.edu
Fri Aug 14 17:30:44 CDT 2015

Luke:

I have linux and I have omsa but there is a version mismatch on my system.
When I execute racadm, I get the following error message:

NOTE:
The current version of Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC)
that do not support the execution of RACADM commands.
Contact Dell customer service to upgrade to iDRAC Express or iDRAC
Enterprise
The installed version of RACADM client executable that do not match the
generation of the server.

RACADM version 8.1.0
Copyright (c) 2003-2013 Dell, Inc.
All Rights Reserved

It is telling the truth, the iDRAC version is iDrac7 Enterprise but the
racadm is 8.1.0.

I can log into the management processor directly.  I get /admin1->

If I enter, racadm, I get racadm>>

When I try to set the fan speed:

racadm>> set System.ThermalSettings.FanSpeedOffset 3
ERROR: STOR0110 : Invalid Fully Qualified Device Descriptor (FQDD).
racadm>>

Maybe IDrac7 Enterprise doesn't support changing of the fan speeds?

Becky

--
Becky Ligon
Research Associate