[Linux-PowerEdge] PERC H700 Firmware '12.10.1-0001' is out of date

Ben bda20 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Aug 13 09:39:25 CDT 2015

On Thu, 13 Aug 2015, Helmut Wollmersdorfer wrote:

> It’s not possible to use the lifecycle controller via SSH/SOL:
>
> Error message:
>
> Unified Server Configurator does not support console redirection.
>
> This is a known issue since 5 years by Dell, nothing happend.

I've been applying firmware updates within the OS (using "update_firmware"),
then rebooting and letting things like the BIOS update happen, via SSH to
the iDRAC serial console for many years.  Yes, that message pops up, but the
firmware application process still happens.  Unless you're trying to do
something interactive (which I'll admit I might have missed in this thread),
I don't see the problem.

Ben
--
Unix Support, UIS, University of Cambridge, England