[Linux-PowerEdge] PERC H700 Firmware '12.10.1-0001' is out of date

Helmut Wollmersdorfer helmut.wollmersdorfer at fixpunkt.de
Wed Aug 12 07:11:29 CDT 2015

Hi,

after upgrade to Debian Wheezy and upgrade of OMSA (srvadmin-all) to 7.4

- the monitoring warns with PERC H700 Firmware '12.10.1-0001' is out of date
- the iDRAC web interface does not show the storage system or controller (should it?), like iDRAC 7 does.

Is there a way upgrading the firmware of the PERC H700 and iDRAC via web or ssh? I.e. without travelling to the remote location of the servers.

Also I couldn’t find an image file of the iDRAC firmware which I can upload via web interface. Or do they really mean I should buy or use Windows to extract the image?

TIA

Helmut Wollmersdorfer