[Linux-PowerEdge] update through live iso?

jsl6uy js16uy js16uy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 12:15:13 CDT 2015

Hmm, so one of the things we have contented with is different update paths
at times have different version available. Another reason for us to use a
rhel based live image is that the install and availbe repos will be the
same across already install servers that we use yum install
dell-system-update and new ones that may or may not have a supported OS.

The gotchas you list about being offline are not a deal breaker for us. Its
the creation of the bundle b/c you need a windows host to create the iso.
It, as you know can create for both OS paths. The other issue is, as stated
above, there are times not all ways to grab available firmwares from Dell
are in sync. So I like just going down 1 path.

Still, this and Joren's note about  the DTK path, are excellent food for
thought