[Linux-PowerEdge] yadq -- yet another dsu question

Santosh_Gore at Dell.com Santosh_Gore at Dell.com
Wed Aug 5 22:38:35 CDT 2015

Dell - Internal Use - Confidential
Hi,

Thanks for providing details about issue.  The system services should be enabled to update the BIOS and firmware’s on the system.  Please enable the system services and run update again.

The steps to enable system services are available in document -  http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/solutions/unified_server_security.pdf

Thanks
Santosh.

From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of jsl6uy js16uy
Sent: Thursday, August 6, 2015 1:25 AM
To: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: [Linux-PowerEdge] yadq -- yet another dsu question

Hello Dell and all, hope all is well

We have a host, a Dell R720xd, running cent5u9
installed dsu and everything worked except this update below.
The condition persisted and still persists across reboots.

We have this exact same combo of centos and dell hardware+dsu and everything played out just fine. Is there some service I just need to kick?
As always thanks all for any and all aid

[root at X ~]# dsu -n
Getting System Inventory...
Determining Applicable Updates...
Installing BIOS_MKCTM_LN_2.5.2...
Collecting inventory...
.
Running validation...

Server BIOS 12G

The version of this Update Package is newer than the currently installed version.
Software application name: BIOS
Package version: 2.5.2
Installed version: 1.6.0

Executing update...
WARNING: DO NOT STOP THIS PROCESS OR INSTALL OTHER DELL PRODUCTS WHILE UPDATE IS IN PROGRESS.
THESE ACTIONS MAY CAUSE YOUR SYSTEM TO BECOME UNSTABLE!
..
System Services is disabled*****************What is this? Haven't seen this message before

BIOS_MKCTM_LN_2.5.2 could not be installed

Done! Please run 'dsu --inventory' to check the inventory
[root at X ~]#
~