[Linux-PowerEdge] update through live iso?

jsl6uy js16uy js16uy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 12:54:48 CDT 2015

Hello Dell and all, hope all is going well

Wanted to bounce yet another of my incessant questions off of you

If I used a live rhel/centos image and installed dsu and updated the
underlying hardware thru the liveiso, is that acceptable? Nothing untoward
should happen?
I already have a cent 6u6 liveimage that runs dsu. I can run dsu -i and
receive proper output. I have not run dsu -n yet b/c need hardware to test,
but should that be okay?
The case is that the final OS may be something like ubuntu

thanks and regards