[Linux-PowerEdge] OMSA says failed drive but LED is solid green and LCD displays no error

Jeff White jaw171 at pitt.edu
Fri Sep 5 12:21:38 CDT 2014

Both drives are listed as OK according to that tool:

[root at compute48-0-1 sas2ircu_linux_x86_rel]# ./sas2ircu 0 DISPLAY | grep
State
   State                                   : Optimal (OPT)
   State                                   : Optimal (OPT)
   State                                   : Standby (SBY)

 > (should be amber green off)

Drive 1 is green-amber-off-repeat, drive 0 is green.

I restarted OMSA and now it reports both drives as OK.  Drive 1 still is
blinking green-amber-off and I suspect OMSA just needs to wait for more
errors before it calls it "failure predicted" again.

Jeff White - GNU+Linux Systems Administrator
University of Pittsburgh - CSSD