[Linux-PowerEdge] OMSA says failed drive but LED is solid green and LCD displays no error

cupertino cupertino at gmx.net
Thu Sep 4 10:43:26 CDT 2014

if there is any LSI MegaRAID controller is involved you could pull a
controller log using MegaCLI command, which is usually the most reliable
source to analyze drive errors.
I wouldn't worry about the LCD. on R815 (and alike) systems it is not
very reliably when it comes to drive errors. since the controller has no
direct channel to talk to BMC (like in newer systems) LCD should only
report if backplane is involved. predictive errors shouldn't be reported
there at all.