[Linux-PowerEdge] RAC0207: Certificate upload failed. (Stefan M. Radman)

Stefan M. Radman smr at kmi.com
Wed Sep 3 10:10:20 CDT 2014

Hi Spike,

Thanks for your suggestion and yes, I’m talking about SSH public keys (RSA).
The iDRAC reset through either web interface of racadm does not change the picture.

Web interface:
System Alert
RAC0207: Certificate upload failed.

racadm:
ERROR: Key text appears to be corrupted.

There is nothing wrong with my public key. Been using it for years now.

Must be an iDRAC bug (version 1.57.57). I’ll run this through ProSupport.

Also I noticed that every key I successfully uploaded got garbled in the web browser output, with a line break tag (<br>) inserted every 60 characters.

ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABIwAAAQEAo7dnkVfpREmtdM7g+7UvByDVk<br>
/PgxfZH9KQ8wOxLZFUFFCxJLeLx6nULsKwAlh3Kol/9vkyrcmc/5VFHwXluY<br>
osLLtH1vpAsqJTNk1NnbcF/loI+aqTC2aFoI5WrDHfNkwQbMJ+NfpVyGLKKS<br>
+HvJlFbFRISpH4dBQpI1KfylZe0lx6F8p3di8oYofgzZXxW11QlChOeKmMBh<br>
b9PlkGrsulY37eQGPePEtp3FzMWQgFsyVPrlyT9OfqjZX4sjSS91mKkz9pUG<br>
K36eYLoUanXrMUR9gWF9I3u4lgQzzFP0njJ51sBCKhukRv2jeyfQ3sLhpPya<br>
iI9DatfYA1tp7PSKQ==

Stefan

$ racadm sshpkauth -i 2 -k 2 -t -f $HOME/.ssh/id_rsa.pub
ERROR: Key text appears to be corrupted.