[Linux-PowerEdge] Problem with R920

Frank Paulick Frank.Paulick at baaderbank.de
Wed Sep 3 06:57:21 CDT 2014

hi,

i have the same problem using rhel 6.4(and updated to 6.5) and rhel7 on R920
the R920 is the first Dell System where we installed rhel 6.1(where
biosdevname was introduced) or greater with such a problem.

btw. if you want ro get rid of em devices simply uninstall biosdevname
package, put an exclude=biosdevname in /etc/yum.conf and reboot.
after this you should have eth devices again.

my problem is that if using biosdevname the first onboard network device
is called em3 and not em1.
i know i could get this working but since we are using a few of these
systems we will probably need to purchase a few more this year i can't
afford the time to configure each system manually and different from our
other systems.

regards
frank

beste Grüße,