[Linux-PowerEdge] Using mirrorlist.cgi in a local repo

Mukarram Syed mukarram.syed at 8x8.com
Sun Oct 26 15:54:22 CDT 2014

Hi,
First, I have a new R630 server.

Second, I have 2 questions:

1.  I have downloaded (rsync'ed) the dell OMSA repo locally.  I am trying
just to change the line of:

FROM:
##mirrorlist=
http://linux.dell.com/repo/hardware/Linux_Repository_14.10.00/mirrors.cgi?osname=el$releasever&basearch=$basearch&native=1&dellsysidpluginver=$dellsysidpluginver

TO:
baseurl=http://
<myip>/repo/hardware/Linux_Repository_14.10.00/mirrors.cgi?osname=el$releasever&basearch=$basearch&native=1&dellsysidpluginver=$dellsysidpluginver

And when try to install a package I get the following error:

# yum install srvadmin-all
Loaded plugins: dellsysid, fastestmirror
Determining fastest mirrors
base

                 | 4.1 kB     00:00
base/primary_db

                | 4.5 MB     00:00
dell-omsa-indep

                | 7.8 kB     00:00
http://<myip>/repo/hardware/Linux_Repository_14.10.00/mirrors.cgi?osname=el6&basearch=x86_64&native=1&dellsysidpluginver=unreleased_version/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno -1] Error importing repomd.xml for dell-omsa-indep: Damaged
repomd.xml file
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
dell-omsa-indep. Please verify its path and try again

2. When I try to install OMSA directly from linux.dell.com for the R630
server it successfully installs.

How is that?  Does mirrors.cgi script specifically written to work from
linux.dell.com?  How can I make it work in the my local repository.
How do I fix the repo.xml files to point to my local repo.
I also tried to add linux.dell.com into my /etc/hosts file with my local
repo's IP and it did not work.

Please advice.

Thanks

# mukarram