[Linux-PowerEdge] Dell OMSA Repo - Centos 7 - 404 Not found?

Jose_De_La_Rosa at Dell.com Jose_De_La_Rosa at Dell.com
Thu Oct 16 12:25:58 CDT 2014

Looks like a soft link was not updated, I’ve corrected it and will propagate shortly.

The repos have NOT been compromised in any way.

Jose De la Rosa
Linux Engineering
Dell | Enterprise Solutions Group
office +1 512 724 7150

From: linux-poweredge-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of Shane Forsythe
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2014 12:19 PM
Cc: linux-poweredge-Lists
Subject: Re: [Linux-PowerEdge] Dell OMSA Repo - Centos 7 - 404 Not found?

The repo page has the following text:

   Note: Due to some technical reason this repository has been demoted. For latest update please go to Latest

The link to 'Latest' just points to the same URL.

Is there anyone on here from Dell that can respond?  This concerns me slightly as the default gateway has always been bootstrap.cgi which was a python script.

Was the dell server vulnerable to shellshock and the repo compromised?  That is the only reason I can think of that they would just pull the repo completely.

If so Dell needs to immediately disclose this.